Monday, October 6, 2008

Now That SMI2 Is Over....

...I can breathe! Whew! The Scrappin' Moms Idol 2 Challenge finally concluded on Saturday, Oct 4th. The last few weeks have been crazy for me. Week after week, I did my layouts and submitted them almost at deadline, not knowing how it would turn out.

When I joined in August, I told myself (like I always tell myself) that I would not succumb to any kind of pressure simply because it would spoil all the fun. Needless to say, just about 2 weeks into the contest, the pressure was so in my face! Hahaha!

But I never did let the fun factor escape me. And like I said in my Round 6 entry, it was a roller coaster ride for me. If you love roller coasters like I do, you know what I'm talking about - the feeling of anticipation when it's almost your turn to ride and then the exhiliration and high that comes after. It's such a great feeling that you'd want another round! That's how it was for me.

So would I join again next year? Maybe not. I'm so okay being in the top 5. In fact, it's more than what I had expected.

Here are my SMI2 entries.


Elimination Round - Sketch

Title: Birthday Gifts
Journaling: You received so many gifts on your birthday. And you had no idea what it was all about. Of course, I was there to "help" you through it. Mom, July 2008

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket papers, die cut shapes, & journaling sheets, AC thickers glitter ahipborad alpha, Junkitz rubons, Ranger Crackle paint, Colorbox ink, Prima flowers, AC slick pen, Uniball signo pen, Making Memories staples, Misc corrugated paper (for stamping), buttons, ricrac, & ribbons






Round 1 - It's Party Time

Title: Indulge
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Scenic Route, MM, & Craft Express Papers, Prima & SeeDs stamps, Stazon & Colorbox inks, Whisper embossing powder, Versamark, WrMK eyelet, Daisy Ds, CK & misc ribbons, Misc flowers, beads, bling, ribbons & trims, Misc Chipboard




Round 2 - A Color Is A Color Is A Color

Title: Your Smile
Journaling: It's good to start each day with a smile. That's why I start mine with yours.

Supplies: DCWV & Bazzill CS, Chatterbox papers, AL & Hero Arts stamps, FP felt shapes, Maya Road chipboard, AC thickers glitter alpha, Crystalline mosaic alpha tiles, MM chipboard epoxy buttons, acrylic paint, edger, & stapler, Stemma & Provocraft epoxy stickers, Heide Grace plastic emb., AL buttons, Prima flowers, BG rubons, Joann rubon words & swirl clips, Colorbox & Encore inks, Ranger crackle paint, Chatterbox & Zig pens, Misc corr. paper, chipboard, ribbons, & bling.



Round 3 - A Day In The Life

Title: Unexpected Gift
Journaling: Your proposal in March 2005 was no fanfare. No candlelit dinner, no getting down on 1 knee, and no ring. {sigh}.

But during the 'pamanhikan' dinner, you took me by surprise when you got down on 1 knee and gave me an engagement ring!

It was definitely a night I will not forget.

Supplies: Sassafras, Love Elsie, & Chatterbox papers, Melissa Frances vintage emb, Prima & MR flowers, MM & Bo Bunny trims, AL stamps, MM & QNC alphabet, Prima crystals, K&Co artisan naked tag, MM paint, Ranger crackle paint, Colorbox inks, Zig pen, Misc chipboard shapes & buttons.


Round 4 - Layers Of Me

Title: Lovin' Life
Journaling: My former life was different. I was single and had no obligations and responsibilities except to myself. It was a good and easy life and I wasn't complaining.

Things got a lot better though. Today I am a wife and a mom. My two new roles came so unexpectedly and I welcomed them with open arms. I didn't expect this sudden change in my life in so short a period of time. I guess there really is a time for everything.

Though it may be a bit less easy now, I love my life. Definitely no complaints. I know for sure that I am where I am supposed to be and things are as they should be.
--Sept 2008--

Supplies: Bazzill & DCWV cardstock, Prima, Creative Imaginations, Luxe, American Crafts, and All About Sscrapbooking papers, Stickles, Diamond Glaze. Zig and Uniball pens, Colorbox inks, MM distressor, Fiskars & Stampin Up punchers, Cuttlebug & Sizzlits dies



Round 5 - Supersize It

Title: The Best Is Yet To Be
Journaling: Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. And I cannot begin to describe the happiness I am feeling right now. All I know is that I am excited to move forward with you.
"When you realize you want ot spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible" -- Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally.

Supplies: Bazzill CS, MME, Prima & Chatterbox pps, CI cardstock sticker, Chatterbox rubon, Prima flowers, MR chipboard, AC vinyl shapes, AC thickers vinyl & velvet alphas, MM tiny alphas, MM trim, Hero Arts stamp, K&Co buttons, Colorbox ink, Zig & Uniball pens,


Round 6 - Why Do I Deserve To Be The Next Scrappin' Moms Idol

Title: Enjoy The Ride
Journaling: The last few weeks have been crazy - good crazy, that is. Joining the Scrappin' Moms Idol 2 Challenge has been a roller coaster ride. Now we're on the last round before the challenge finals and I'm still in it. Good thing I love roller coasters.

I have done some "un-me" things while going through the challenges. Since this started, I did my work/business from home on most days (like 4 days in a 5-day workweek!). I also learned to take pictures of myself! I used to make fun of a friend whom I caught taking his own photo a long time ago. Boy, if he could see me now! I'm sure he'd be proud of me! Haha! And then I learned to wear my glasses. I so hate wearing them! I'd rather be squinting than wearing them. But for this challenge I did so lest all my layouts would be uneven (or shall I say "asymmetric"?).

So do I want to be the next Scrappin' Moms Idol? You bet! And why do I deserve it? I say, "why not?". Of course it's not for me to decide. All I can do is give my best. But one thing's for sure. I do hope that the coaster car will stop for me again so I can enjoy the ride in the final round. Like I said, I love roller coasters.



Finale Round - Christmas Layout

Title: 3 Good Years
Journaling: The last 3 Christmases have been the best for me. In 2005, I got married, in 2006 I was pregnant, and in 2007 I had a baby and my family became complete.

"There is no greater gift at Christmas than to hae everything you want before you open the gifts. -- Flavia

Supplies: Bazzill CS, AC thickers LAX, AC layered xmas emb, Kit provided by Scappin' Moms (AC papers & chipboard, buttons, lace, ribbons, beads, twigs, masking tape)



Congratulations to Cookie for the win, to Donna & Issa for being the runners up, and to the finalists for a job very well done! Congratulations also and thanks to the Scrappin' Moms for another fun filled event!

1 comment:

Lee i. said...

Gaganda ng mga LOs na nagawa mo round after round Dinah. It's nice to see them all together without the pressure that I have to approximate your lovely creations. :-)