Saturday, May 17, 2008

What A Great Day!

Today was Scrapfest 5. The event was a huge hit! I think it was even more successful than the one I attended in October 2007. Congratulations Scrappin' Moms!

Aside from the overwhelming scrap goodies for sale, there were tons of challenge and raffle prizes at stake. I particularly had my eye on the Canon Selphy photo printer. I had been wanting to buy a new printer but had to refrain from getting one hoping that I would win it in the raffle.

Hmm hmm... guess what? I won it! Yep, I got it. But not because of the raffle. It's because of this!


This was my entry to the Scrapfest Newbie Challenge! I won! Yahoo! Honestly, I never thought in a gazillion years that I would win in a scrap challenge.

Title: Play Adventure
Journaling: You are at that age where you are very curious. And I love watching you spend everyday like an adventure.

Materials: Scrapfest Challenge Kit (sorry, I didn't take note of the brands), Fancy Pants felt shapes, Ranger Distress Ink, Maya Road journaling sheers, Marvy pen, journaling pen, misc corrugated paper (for stamping), ricrac & buttons.

And there's more! Earlier in the day, I was also chosen as one of the winners of the Magnolia Ice Cream Layout Challenge! Twice in one day! Unbelievable talaga. Now, I got mega loads of ice cream to feed Jao. He deserves it!


Title: Scoops of Fun
Journaling: You're always this happy when it's ice cream time.


Materials: Basic Grey Two Scoops Kit (papers & alpha stickers), Daisy Ds rubon tape, Maya Road Journaling Sheers & Chipborad, Crystalline Tile Alpha, Fontwerks Alpha Clear Stamps, Stazon, Colorbox Chalk, Stickles, AC slick pen

So you see guys, hanging out with talented scrappers certainly pays off. And I'm going to keep doing just that. Who knows what more can happen. But really, I'm so thankful to be in the company of such gorgeous gals (you know who you are ladies).

Congratulations to all the winners and to everybody and thanks to Scrappin' Moms, Canon, Magnolia and all the sponsors for a fabulous day!

4 comments:

Maybelle said...

Congratulations, Dinah!!! Your entries are all great! Next scrapfest, you'll definitely belong to the advanced scrappers! Enjoy your Selphy!

Anonymous said...

yahoo! you are definitely elevated to the advanced level - mismo! :)

emelyn said...

awesome layouts and congrats!! you guys look like you had so much fun!

Christine said...

CONGRATS Dinah!