Monday, May 5, 2008

My Poor Baby

My poor Jao has the measles :( It's not the german measles but some kind of baby measles. It's called roseola or tigdas hangin and it happens to babies 6 months to 2 years.

It started with a fever the morning of May 1st and lasted till May 3rd. I felt scared at some point because his fever reached 39.5. We even brought him to the E.R. I was afraid it might be dengue. Thank goodness his urine & blood tests were normal. And the doctor was right. She said soon after his fever goes down, the rashes will come out. And so they did on Sunday.

In a way, this is good because it means he's on his way to recovery. I just feel bad for him because I'm sure he feels very itchy and uncomfortable. Hopefully he'll be up and about by the end of the week.

I want to take some pictures of him with the red spots. Would that be so mean?

No comments: